Friday, November 27, 2009

An Education (27/11/09)

The Catch: What's the message behind?

Girls, what do you think your controversial father would say when you're dating a much older man? Scream or furious or deadly silent? That's what I have in mind, but I didn't see what's coming in this movie. Molina who plays Jack, the strict-introvert father, has accepted David (Sarsgaard) very well in his house when he finds out that he's dating her daughter Jenny (Mulligan). After a few ups and downs, of course the relations didn't work out.

I didn't mean to spoil the story to those of you who haven't watched it, because I think it was not the main message. I guess every young girls should watch it, it's a real 'education' of life. Like my aunt used to say to me; To learn from your experience is a good teacher, but to learn from other's experience is the best teacher of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment