Sunday, September 13, 2009

Whatever Works (13/09/09)

The Catch: Getting more acquainted to Woody Allen

Truly American Comedy! I find it very dull at the first half running, but there's this caucasian -American, I guess- who keeps laughing. Didn't really gets what it means and why he could enjoy that much. After the parents character appear then I started to feel the 'it'. Generation gap might be the big problem here.

From my p.o.v, the last scene was intriguing. Tell me, how can an ex-married couple can be in the same room with their new -so called- spouses? And it's not only one couple - couple, but it's two couples - couple within' blood ties (still following me?). The mother with her new guys (that's right, GUYS with an 'S'), then there's the father with his new GAYfriend, the daughter with her new actor hook-up (pretty normal here) and lastly the daughter's ex-hubby with his new girlfriend which he fall into during his second suicide attempt. They just gather around in a room, counting down to new year. Ain't that crazy or what?

PS: Evan Rachel Wood looks like Rumer Willis meets Chloe Sevigny here.

No comments:

Post a Comment